- My viol consort, The Teares of the Muses, now has a website.
- I've been hiding it for years, but I've decided now to publicize the link to a web page with MIDI files of the repertory I'm studying in my dissertation.
- My first attempt at blogging, to see if I can keep it up. It's called No Comment, in an effort to try to force myself to not think I need to write anything too lengthy. So far, it's not working!
- An Elegy for 9/11, composed by David W. Fenton, Winter 2002
- A Critique of the National Research Council's "Research-Doctorate" Rankings
Here is my critique of the National Research Council's report on "research-doctorate" programs for the field of music: Apparent Anomalies in Reported Data for the Field of Music in the Report of the National Research Council, "Research-Doctorate Programs in the United States: Continuity and Change"
- Copyright Issues on the Web
Also included here is a discussion of copyright issues on the Web prompted by my experiences with the National Research Council's demand that I seek permission not only to cite their data, but also to link to their WWW page.
- My work (to get the degree)
- My work (to pay the rent)
Contact David Fenton
©1995-2009, David W. Fenton (last modified Saturday, April 4, 2009)